Monday 5 January 2015

2014 wrap up and where we are going.

Its 2015 already so I thought I had better do a wrap up of our 2014 gaming season. We started our club in 2011. As our blurb says we were a bit annoyed with the elitist attitude with some of the other gaming clubs and tournaments. Some people were taking the games so seriously that it really wasn’t that much fun to play. Also there wasn't really any encouragement for painting your miniatures which for some of us was the main reason we got into this hobby. So we stared our own club and had a tournament every 3 months based on whatever rules where applied for that year.

We started with just playing our own tourneys but then went into logging games and giving prizes based in certain gaming areas like the most new player, to show you went out and met some people. I think in 2012 we may have logged 100 games and in 2013 we got about 200 games. Last year we probably logged 500 games between 10 players which is an average of 50 games each which is an awesome amount of games. It was a pity that the web site we used to log games kept going down.

I think 2014 really help step our game collectively. In our last tournament there was no real easy beats (I won 2 out of 3 games go figure) and this just showed how we much we had all improved. The painting was great as well. When we did the vote it was spread pretty evenly across the board. So all in all it was a great year for gaming just not so good with logging and trophies sucked as most people just couldn’t be bothered to make a trophy for the tourneys.

So for 2015 we are going low tech and using game book to log games, tourneys, painting etc.



We are also expanding our gaming to any miniature based gaming system. One we are interested in is Xwing which we play a fair amount of games and will even be entering a tourney in April (Qld 2015 Anzac cup)

With Warmachine we are just going to play games, no slow growth, but you get game points for any new units or minis painted. Over the last couple of years we have all collected at least 2 – 3 armies with some of us with 8 or more (cough Ado). Time to focus and the hobby side but I still hope to get a lot of games in as well.



So my thoughts for 2014 were a good result all round. I have 3 armies well on the way to being painted. I think I have 2 pirate armies at 50 points and 1 or even 2 troll armies and a 50 point khador army. I think I could be competitive now and at least finish mid pack and am enjoying playing a lot. We had a few players even make it into the top 10 at a couple of tournies which was awesome.



For 2015 I want to finish of my troll army and some minis for my pirate army. I also want to do some more terrain and also do some tutorial vids. We have been recording games for awhile now and I will be releasing them to youtube and see how they go. I also want to put a bit more into this blog. I will show more pics of painted minis and more game reports. I hope to bring a new article every week and I think the release day will be Monday but that may be up to change I will fine it up once I see how my schedule is. Busy year and I hope we can keep it interesting without blowing out my enthusiasm. If you have anything you want me to try drop me a PM or put it in the comments.

Good luck and good gaming.

 Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment