Friday 27 June 2014

Ogrebane's Omnium-Gatherum Part 10

In order to help improve our painting skills and also to help out a mate, Ado and I decide to sponsor his WM "whose the boss" tourney by painting the first prize and lucky dip. We bought a couple of starter box sets and both of us were to paint one army. For this one my army will be first prize and Ado's will be lucky dip.

Ok so three weeks ago Ado threw down the challenge to get something going and well 2 weeks later I hadn’t responded cause basically I had nothing. Since then I’ve made a little progress so here is my first instalment.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED




For this Project I’m going to be painting one of the armies from the Hordes 2 player box set. The reason for this is for first prize in Eddies Winter legends tourney, Ado will be painting up one of the Warmachine armies for the lucky dip. Ado and I sponsor the tourney, and rather than just hand out money we decided this would be a better option. So this will be a plog on the progress on this army.

I have selected the Circle army to paint and Ado has picked menoth. In hind sight it might have been better to do Khador and Legion as they are winter bases but no one said this has to be logical.

So basing wise I will go for jungle but I don’t want to go too complicated as someone will win this army and may wish to add to it. Also the colour scheme needs to be fairly simple so I’m going for a stone look so maybe greys and yellows with bone coloured weapons etc.

What you get in the box
You might notice I did a bit of mods on the skin walkers. I don’t like minis that are all the same so they are all individualised now. I also had to sculpt a tail because I lost the damn thing. I need to change my grey carpet to bright yellow or some thing.

A closer look at the caster and Argesi... Argeseses.. Argii Whatever
You can see the tail I had to sculpt here. Not the best but I had some time issues.

The big fella. SO much skin and fur also with taking digital pics I can notice mould lines I dont see with my old eyes. There is one runing down his right ear and over the snout.


Somehow after modding these guys I ended up with 3 lefties. Oh well they are all different now which is what I was going for.

So by tonite I will have these guys undercoated and washed and any cleanups that are needed so by tomorrow I should be into painting. Let me know what you thing about basing and colours in the down there.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Great job mate. Like the conversions on the skin walkers makes them sorta les boring in their poses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate. I had to redo them last night cause apparently green stuff isnt so good for glueing stuff together. When are you going to join the site so we get 10 followers.

    ReplyDelete