Monday 8 February 2016

Ogrebanes Omnium Gatherum: Part 16A: Wretched gets a mount.

Way back when, when I played Warhammer (Sniff, sniff those were the days) I had a pretty good Ogre Army. As with most of my armies all the characters and units had names and back grounds etc.


My Ogre general was called Sirrah Wretched Thunderguts the Turd. He campaigned in Brettonia as a Man-eater and brought back some very strange ideas like wearing horse blankets over the top of his armour and using poncy names etc.

Sirrah Wretched Thunderguts the Turd with his Bretonnian Knight Sword Knobbla
Now that the group is getting into KOW I can reuse this old army again with a bit of rebasing. One of the things that KOW allows me is to mount my general. Now I could have used one of the other rhinox models I had but really this is just a great excuse to start a new modelling project.

Standard bearer for Rhinox unit that was a stand in for the Big guy.
So luckily I had one of these bulls left from a box of Bull riders I bought years ago from a company call Zvedka(SP). This is the Bull sitting on the 100 x 50 mm base.




These are all the bits to make the figure. There will probably be more to come though.

Ready to be beefed up (No pun intended)
I've done a bit more since this pic was taken so I'll post more pics as soon as I can. Let me know what you think.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment