Saturday 12 December 2015

Ogrebanes Omnium Gatherum part-14b: Painting Runes

I've tried to paint these guys with a formula similar to a favourite painters of Ado's. he mainly paints Starwars minis but its a good formula to use. If I find the guys name I'll drop a link in somewhere. Anyway he paints in 5 steps.
1. Prep and under coat.
2. Base coat
3. Shade (Washes etc)
4. Highlights
5. All the details.


So the last post was step 1. In this post is steps 2-4. I forgot to take photos at the base coat stage so really you will only see steps 3 and 4.


Anyway here are a few pics to peruse.

This is step 3 with base coat and washes

I wasn't to careful at this point with the wash or the base coat. I did a little clean up work but I was interested with speed over neatness.



I use 2 or 3 washes in tis step. The first is a very watered down wash that is applied all over and each subsequent layer is thicker and darker but applied to the recesses only.



Step 4. Hightlighting

I used the base coat for the most part to highlight each section. I usually use a slightly lighter version of the color for the base coat as the wash will usually darken it quite a bit.




Next step is basing and a few finishing touches. If you saw my last lot of Runeshapers you know what to expect for the base.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment