Thursday 15 October 2015

Ogrebanes Omnium Gatherum part-14: Shaping the Runes

Every runes of war army needs a few units of rune shapers and I was about to buy them when Creddy Eddy (a notorious faction jumper) put up his army for sale. I wont pay more than half price for 2nd hand minis as they are a lot of work to strip and clean etc.

Anyway I had one unit that was bare plastic so I decided to start with them. I tried to clean up the mould lines, I usually do it before assemble as it makes it easier but it wasn't to be this time. Anyway by the time I got to the washes I noticed some of the mould lines were still there so I guess I'll have to do better next time.

Anyway the first unit are going to be unconverted but I want to make the bases look more dynamic like the guys are ripping up the earth and flinging it at the enemy. I think they look alright but let me know what you think.

So here are the first unit.
Remodelled the axe into a hammer. Seems more in line with these guys

You can see the earth lifting on both sides of this guy.
I love the effect it gives

I used washed to give the yellow a bit more depth


The bases line up well as long as they are arranged in this manner.


Having trouble getting the color right with this new camera. Oh well I'll keep trying.


Anyway more to come and sorry its been so long since I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment