Sunday 27 July 2014

Ogrebane's Omnium-Gatherum Part 10d

Bases

So in the last plog I showed you the display board I made for these guys. To keep the theme I also made a few extra casts of the Mayan Calenda thingy to use on the bases. SO I will go through a few of the bases and show you how I painted them.

Enjoy.

Broken cast of Mayan Calenda.
I used a 1.5mm drill and drilled holes around the outside of a marked circle. I then used the drill to link up all these holes and give me a rouch circular shape. I sanded this down till it fit inside the base but still retained a bit of the rough texture on the border.

The cut out pieces fitted to the base.


Undercoated white as I want to do a sandstone look.


I mixed these two colors but a dark flesh color wound have done.

washed with this color. 50/50 mix with water.


For some reason the white balance went with this pic. But this has 2 drybrush coats. a bit of green to look like moss and then a light wash on top and darker around the edge. The base still needs details like grass and gravel and the front arc painted but I like the result I have with this. The pic really doesnt show it properly.


With a couple of Argussi esesses ette whatever the plural is. A few minor bits to do on the dogs and I'll call them done.

So I like the bases. Not sure what color arc I will paint. Probably Grey but maybe yellow. I need and accent color to go with the other minis for loin clothes etc might do green but not sure yet.

Anyway as always feel free to comment more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment