Tuesday 15 January 2013

Player Profile Ado




Players Name: Adrian (Ado) Roberts
Age: 38
POB: Cold Northern Country!
Currently resides: Algester, Qld
Occupation: IT and Business Systems
Hobbies: Computer games, Reading, Wargames and painting

KM: I met Ado in 1998. At the time he played warhammer 4th edition. He was instrumental in setting up the tournament scene in Queensland. His tournament was called Pizza con. Play warhammer then eat pizza. A very relaxed scene and good pizza.

KM: How long have you been playing with toy soldiers.
Ado: Started playing games at 16 so 20+ Years, First game played was Adeptus Titanicus

KM: What is your current fav table top game
Ado: Two games come to mind, Warmachine/Hordes and Saga.

KM: What other gaming systems have you played or are playing atm.
Ado: Okay a few systems I’ve played
           · Adeptus Titanicus
           · Titanicus
           · Space Marine
           · Titan Legions
           · Warhammer Ancients
           · Warhamer Fantasy Battle (Started 3rd Ed)
           · Lord of the Rings (Strategy and Battles)
Yes I was a GW fan boy for a long time but now I generally never play their games. I like DnD, Co-op computer games and other small skirmish games like dystopia wars etc.

KM:  What factions do you play or favour the most in Warmachine
Ado:  I have faction ADD big time, I play Khador, Retribution of Scyrah, Menoth and Mercenary for Warmachine and Circle and Trolls for Hordes, I love the faction I'm painting and right now that’s Mercenary's.

KM:  Who is you fav caster/warlock
Ado: Graye from Circle and Thyra from Menoth – Yeah I love the super solo assassin casters.

KM: Would you call yourself a gamer or painter/modeler
Ado: All of the above – but collector and dojo “theory hammer” most of the time

KM: Favorite memory of the game
Ado: So many games, so many good memories. For Warhammer I think my favorite moment was one of my main opponents finally decided not to take a the bait after sending in a unit of throw away units to bait and flee in order to set up the win I was despairing him ever understanding why I always got the most effective charge and combats. In Warmachine I won a game by a power attack "Head-but" Terminus, it was amazing but somewhat lucky win.

KM: Least fav memory of the game.
Ado: Playing tournaments and coming across players trying to slow down the games to ensure they didn't lose by a larger margin.

KM: What is the best model ever painted
Ado: Here are some links to a few

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/adrian111111/Picture026.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/adrian111111/IMGP0271.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/adrian111111/IMGP0122.jpg

I'm really an army painter rather than individual miniatures – I’d love to turn this around and have a go at improving my painting

KM: So your part of the slow growth for the Kooinda Gaming club. What are your thoughts behind this?
Ado: Im looking for a more relaxed style of gaming. Im not really interested in the power gaming anymore (been there done that). One of the things I want to do with this series is to paint the minis I like and play them for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment