Sunday 20 January 2013

Player Profile: Jay 'Par-fait' Nielsen

















Players Name: Jay (Parfait) Nielsen
Age: 28
POB: Nambour
Currently resides: Redbank Plains, Qld
Occupation: Student
Hobbies: Video Games, Reading, Wargames, Painting, Board Games, Sculpting, Parkour, Movies, Art.


KM: Jay has been a friend of Korts for as long as I can remember. He got his nickname from wearing a scarf one day. As was explained to him there are 4 reasons to wear a scarf.
1. You barrack for the team
2. Its -10 degrees
3. Your a commando on a mission
4. Your a girl or a parfait.

KM: How long have you been playing with toy soldiers.

JN: I didn't start playing Wargames until the year after I finished high-school (2002), I had always liked playing board games and liked painting so, when a friend introduced me to Warhammer, it was natural for me to take an interest.

KM: What is your current fav table top game
JN: Warmachine/Hordes, though I would like to have a go at Infinity, Bushido and the new Batman tabletop game.

KM: What other gaming systems have you played or are playing atm.
JN: Okay a few systems I’ve played
· Warhamer Fantasy
· Lord of the Rings

KM: What factions do you play or favour the most in Warmachine
JN: I play Cygnar, Skorne and now Legion of Everblight. I'd like to invest in every faction eventually.

KM: Who is you fav caster/warlock
JN: EHayley from Cygnar, nothing quite feels as good as second turn caster kills. Everyone knows what's coming now though so I'm looking into other fun and effective casters like Lylyth (Prime and Epic) and Saeryn.

KM: Would you call yourself a gamer or painter/modeler
JN: All of the above – but I'm much better at sculpting minis than anything else.

KM: Favorite memory of the game
JN: Turn one caster kill with EHayley, quick game is a good game.

KM: Least fav memory of the game.
JN: Losing. Lots. Took a while before I started to get the gist of the game system.

KM: What is the best model ever painted
JN: Not my best paint job but probably the most impressive mini I have made.
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/087/1/8/tzeentch_general_front_by_jiroyamada-d3cpn2x.jpg
I took forever on my Chaos Mortals army, and never quite finished it but I at least got this guy done.

KM: So your part of the slow growth for the Kooinda Gaming club. What are your thoughts behind this?
JN: It's good, it's more laid back than tournaments that I have been to, and really gives me a push to get stuff bought and painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment