Sunday 30 December 2012

Player profile --- Ogrebane





Players Name:       Aris (Ogrebane) Tottle
Players Age:          50
POB:                    Melbourne Victoria
Currently resides:  Ipswich, Qld
Occupation:          IT and electronics
Hobbies:               Computers, Computer games, Wargames and painting

Currently single and living in his own house that he has turned into a gaming club. Interested in ancient history and believes we were given a leg up by our alien overlords. A self confessed nerd. Goes by the name of Angri for obvious reasons.

KM: This weeks player profile if Ogrebane. You may have seen some of his work on Coolminiornot and the ogrestronghold as well as wargamerau.

KM: So how long have you been into table top gaming.
OB: I first started collecting and painting minis in the late 80's. Mainly to play D&D. I didn't actual play a war game till about the early 90's my nephew had a copy of battle masters. I also bought a copy and that started my slow demise into the war gaming world.

KM: So would you consider yourself a gamer or a painter/modeler.
OB: Whilst I would like to think I can play a good game the reality is I'm crap at any of the war games. I think of myself as a painter but not anywhere near the league of some of the masters. I would say I can paint at a CMON level of 6 consistently with the occasional 7 - 7.5

KM: So what gaming systems are you playing at the moment.
OB: Presently I am playing warmachine. I mainly got into it as I was dissatisfied with the way warhammer was going. I like the game system but not the army selction as this is a game of combo's. He who has the best combo wins. I also play GorkaMorka for fun and have recently discovered SAGA. I am playing around with SAGA at the moment and if they drop the buy in price of the books and dice I may invest in it fully.


KM: So Warmachine is your main game, what factions do you play?

OB: I started with Cryx and Skar and I wanted an all living army. I also bought a Troll blood army. Anyway I couldn't work out the activations and combos so put them away fairly quickly. I then moved on to Khador when they released the two player box set. I found then allot easier to use and stated to enjoy the game allot more. I only have two casters PSoscha and PButcher. I take a man of war heavy army as I love the minis. Ive got a 50 point army of them so I am moving on to Pirates as my new slow growth army.




KM: You mentioned slow growth can you tell me of that.
OB: In 2012 we tried a battle box slow growth. Thats where you buy a battle box and grow the army over the year. I did Khador for that. Most of the guys didn't like the restriction of the battle box so this year we are just doing a slow growth were you pick a faction and build it from there. I picked the pirates as it was what sort of got me interested with Skar (It didn't work out for me). I love the pirates and I think they will teach me allot about activation order etc. I enjoy playing them I just have to learn how to make em work.

KM: So you play allot of tournaments at your home why have you chosen this style of play rather than entering proper tournaments.
OB: Due to my work I'm away allot so don't always get the chance to play in tournaments. The other thing is that the few I have played in the players are more interested in getting to the masters a thing that put me of the warhammer scene. We wanted to play a more relaxed style of tournament where we could still get experience but it wasn't for sheep stations. I love our little tournaments and they are starting to get quite good. We have had as many as 10 players but usually we get 6-8 players. A few beers a barby and warmachine can it get any better.

KM: Thanks for your time any last words for your fans.
OB: Well if he is still reading this if you are looking for a relaxed style of warmachine and live in the Ipswich area get in touch and come along to one of our tournies.

Here are a couple of his ogres shown on both coolmini and ogrestronghold
http://www.ogrestronghold.com/gallery/armies/10.php
http://www.ogrestronghold.com/gallery/wip/25.php
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Ogrebane?browseid=3827317


the damsels                                   The maneaters


  
                 The Big fella Wretched Thunderguts the Turd           A Couple of Rhinox riders

                                                 A couple of random mins Ive painted.

                                                          Orks from GorkaMorka


                            The weapons are magnetised.                    This is the boss grot

No comments:

Post a Comment